Exhibition at The Performance Space October 21-30, 2010.

Trashcan Dreams is a live installation project by Sarah Goffman in collaboration with Morita Yasuaki and Lina Ritchie of the Yanaka Group from Tokyo. As an artist whose practice embraces and transforms the detritus of consumer culture, Goffman will create an immersive environment for the interplay of repurposed materials and light with live physical presence and movement. Trashcan Dreams comprises a complex exchange of ephemeral visual languages, questioning both the human condition and our responsibilities to the wider culture and its environs.
Bec Dean
Associate Director The Performance Space

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Why do I dance?

zounomori@hotmail.com          

2010.08.22
Why do I dance?

The flower is in blossom.
I can say that it is beautiful.
But I put a question to the flower flinchingly, why is it in blossom there in the size, in the place, in the direction, in the height?

There is no will in the flower.
There is not an idea because there is no brain either.
However, I think that the flower determine it.
The flower has decision of blooming there.
I might have flinched before the determination.

Similarly I am flinchingly at dripping the Indian ink to pure-white paper. Anything is good in not the Indian ink but ink. Anyway, flinchingly before I try to do to leave something or to start.

I think that it is because of being not able to return it if it has already started.
The Indian ink where the brush that has been put blots previously is lacked and it is not possible to erase it.
Even if that is mistake, I have done in puzzling

I should advance the previous writing.

There is no foot in the flower. So it is not possible to move from the place where the seed landed. And, the flower only waits for pollination there because it germinates and the growth flower has been made to bloom.

Therefore, I put a question to the flower, why did it bloom then?
Is it able to bloom? Is it affirmed to bloom and was accepted?

Why now in me do I dance? I wish I want to be like the flower. I want to accept that I danced this content in this place today.
I wish that it is called an improvisation, and I want to pollinate in the pleasure that exists in the flinch.

There is no reason. There is only question, and do affirmation and I wish the exchange of pollination. Am I able to reach my hand like the flower today?

Morita Yasuaki

No comments:

Post a Comment