Exhibition at The Performance Space October 21-30, 2010.

Trashcan Dreams is a live installation project by Sarah Goffman in collaboration with Morita Yasuaki and Lina Ritchie of the Yanaka Group from Tokyo. As an artist whose practice embraces and transforms the detritus of consumer culture, Goffman will create an immersive environment for the interplay of repurposed materials and light with live physical presence and movement. Trashcan Dreams comprises a complex exchange of ephemeral visual languages, questioning both the human condition and our responsibilities to the wider culture and its environs.
Bec Dean
Associate Director The Performance Space

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

A tense of the line by Morita Yasuaki

A tense of the line
I prepare about 10m of rope.
I find the wreckage from the sea and move to the presence of the sea.
A stone is acceptable if there is no wreckage. Anyway, it is good in the weight that can be carried. I tie up it with the rope.
First of all I put the rope parallel to the sea. I look at the sea wave's irregularity coming and falling into disorder on the parallel line. Sometimes I look at the influence of the rope. The reach comes into view comparatively by the wave that exceeds the line. It is wide from right to left. The rope is both under and above.
Afterwards I slowly enter the inside exceeding the line of the sea with the rope.
I pay attention to the wreckage, because it is light and moving, and enter the sea to continue. Soon, the wreckage and I are connected by the straight line exceeding the line of the sea.
The line in the sea squarely intersects with the rope. 
Feet sway, it is dangerous. But I do not pull too much so as not to loosen the rope.
The wave moves under the line of the rope.
I can look at the movement of the wave, because of the contrast with the rope.
 I look at Sands from the sea. I can look at the world that is stirred and jostled floating upwards.
In this time I look out toward the sea. The quiet world has extended there.
 Then, I turn around my hands and I blend by centering on the rope.
I think that the noise and silence mix. My foot is buried in sand.
 I face the wreckage again, and I take the rope.
 I sink the rope in the wave. The rope appears at the undertow and then disappears.
The sea and the rope try to contact the relation.
I approach the line in the sea while wrapping the rope around the body, and exceed it. I return to the wreckage and look out at the sea. The body is a little wet. I am waiting for the wind to dry the body. Meanwhile, I am standing. Î untie the rope of wreckage and I bundle the rope from twining round the body. I leave there.
                          (約30分間)
(about 30 min)
Morita Yasuaki

No comments:

Post a Comment